"Who created God?" (Claim #E257)
"Saying that God designed life is unscientific: it does not explain anything. Instead of solving the question of how life originated, they have replaced it with another: ‘Who created God?’ 1"
- To say that creationists have to be able to explain ultimate origins while evolutionists do not is a double standard. 2
- The Bible declares that God is eternal. 3
- Some branches of science detect intelligent causes. For instance, a detective can study a crime scene and declare with certainty, scientifically, that a criminal exists and the incident was not an accident. Archaeologists can study artifacts and declare with certainty, scientifically, that ancient civilizations existed whom they have never met. 4 To say that science cannot possibly prove God’s existence is inconsistent with other sciences.
Site Under Construction
This site is still under construction. It needs more references, citations, and debate arguments. If you would like to help, please view the community page.
Dawkins, R. (1996). Climbing Mount Improbable. New York: Norton.
ReMine, W. J. (1993). The Biotic Message: Evolution Versus Message Theory. Saint Paul, Minn.: St. Paul Science.
- Dawkins, 1996, p. 77: “And if we postulate [God] as our cosmic designer we are left in exactly the same position as when we started. Any Designer capable of constructing the dazzling array of living things would have to be intelligent and complicated beyond all imagining. And complicated is just another word for improbable–and therefore demanding of explanation.” ↩
- ReMine, 1993, p. 58 ↩
- Psalm 90:2, John 8:58, Hebrews 7:3 ↩
- ReMine, 1993, p. 29-30 ↩